Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Don't Touch My Jaw!!!

So tomorrow (actually... its midnight now so I guess I should be saying "today"), is my first post-op orthodontic appointment. I'm not too fond of the techs there, but I continue because I'm pretty sure the docs know what they're doing. There is always so much tugging and yanking... not a good image right now!

On a good note... I'll have the all clear for soft chewing on Friday! It sounds strange but, 6 weeks really flew by. During my 1st post op week, I couldn't believe it when others said how fast the time went... but, its true. Didn't mind the liquid/soft food one bit once I got past the things I could only eat through the Zip-n-squeeze (which is a great thing to have but doesn't make food too appetizing). Also didn't mind losing the extra weight from my early college years! =)

Holly, you are looking great! You had to go through so much during your surgery; its just amazing how fast you're recovering! I know you're thinking I'm crazy because it doesn't feel like any change (I know the feeling)... but its true!

I still have this pocket of swelling on my left side that's probably only noticeable if you look for it. My surgeon said that there is usually always one side that lags in recovery. I look pretty normal except for when I smile... pretty chubby cheeks still and shouldn't be considering the weight that I lost. Swelling is stubborn.

I'll have an update soon about my appointment and hopefully some pictures. Wish my jaw some luck with those techs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well. I'm not there yet (only 16 days post op) but already dreading mine, ouch.

mylene