Monday, July 14, 2008

2 Months Post Op

Nothing much to report:
  • eating pretty much everything now- only exceptions are very hard crunchy foods like tacos, whole apples, etc.
  • numb spots remain unchanged but are not bothersome- right corner of mouth and same area of chin, as well as inside right side of mouth.
  • other people do not notice my swelling but when I compare the left side to my right, the left still feels like there is a hard pocket of swelling along the jaw line. When will this go away?
  • Next ortho appointment is in late August when he will be deciding when the braces come off. There is a space between my two front teeth which is difficult to see unless you look specifically for it because the surgical hook hides it.
  • Next post-op appointment with surgeons is in mid-September.
I hope everyone is doing well!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Soon the countdown to your de-bracing will be on! I'm glad your recovery has gone so well.

Sean Chin said...

Hi , I just had lower jaw surgery on july 2, and for the most part, I'm healing just fine. But I have a question, did you ever had drooling? and when did it stop???

- Sean

Caitlin said...

I must say, your results are AMAZING! My surgery's tomorrow (ahhh) and I have an overbite like you. Any advice/tips for surviving you could toss my way would be so incredibly appreciated!

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great to read that life is going so well Leah!

Here's to your next appointment being an excellent one.

Leah said...

Thanks to Rachel and Karen!

To Sean, your blog is private so I will respond here: I didn't have much nerve damage, so drooling wasn't really a problem (that I remember). I've read that it is for other people, but I don't think it was much of an issue for me esp. after the first 2 weeks. Are you still pretty numb? If so, I would imagine once you get used to that/the numbness decreases, you'll compensate.

ingrid said...

Wow! I can't believe the de-bracing will start soon.... an early congrats! let us know when you go to the ortho next month.

Mimmy said...

Hiya Leah, I was advised this morning that BSSO (and possibly Lefort 1) is an option for me to correct my overjet. My profile now looks remarkably like your 'before' photo :o) You look so great now, do you have any regrets? This is such a big decision and I'm not sure what to do.

- Mim

Mimmy said...

Hey, thanks for your reply - it's made me feel better! Sometimes it seems like I read about so many people going through this that it makes me forget it's actually major surgery! I definitely think that if I was to decide to get it, it would be while I was young although I don't heal too well anyway!!