Sunday, August 3, 2008

Well, put the celebration on hold...

I saw my ortho on Wednesday because of the spaces I was talking about. He put a power chain on and told me to wear rubberbands 24/7 for the next 6 weeks. So it looks like these braces won't be off until the beginning of October, at the earliest. I'm a bit disappointed, but once I saw those spaces I knew this would probably happen. I just want everything perfect (or perfect for me) after all is said and done with. If it takes more time to accomplish that, then I'll get over it.

I forgot how much power chains HURT! Woke up in the middle of the night because of the pain... had a flashback to the week after surgery. (Wasn't so much pain from the surgery, just intense discomfort).

Thats about the news that I have. Good luck to everyone this week!

3 comments:

holski said...

Aw, too bad about the braces. you don't seem too broken up over it though! Anyways, braces are cool. That's what I like to tell myself. ;)

Dragon (Karen) said...

Shame your treatment is going to take a bit longer, but best to get things sorted now!

Good luck with the powerchain and elastics ... plus to everything being done real soon!

Unknown said...

please give full details of the procedure of the surgery and merits and demerits of it