Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Today's Ortho Appointment

So today at my appointment... I got my steel wires put on for surgery! Today is exactly 1 month and 2 weeks until surgery (if everything goes as planned). I just can't wait for next fall when I'm supposed to get these braces off and all of this is over with! Besides finding out if I get into nursing school, which I applied to last month, that is what I'm looking forward to most of all! If anyone has any interesting surgery info, lay it on me :) I've been looking at the zip-n-squeeze website and others like that... any suggestions?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've heard alot of good things about the zip n squeeze bags, I ordered some myself and they are in teh drawer waiting. I also ordered the the strap thing that goes around your head that hold the ice packs. I tried it on and it actually seems like it will work well. After my SARPE, I used to have to prop pillows around my face to hold the ice packs on.

holski said...

Hey Leah,
my surgery is on May 27, so we'll be wired at the same time. exciting! To answer the question you asked on my blog, yes, these will be my last molds before surgery.

I ordered my zip n squeeze bags today. I bought the jaw bra thing too, like Michelle. I haven't found anything else worth buying yet, but as soon as I do I'll be writing about it! =)

It's getting so close. Today was the first time I said "my surgery is next month"... next month!