Friday, May 2, 2008

Two Weeks Left

Yes, two weeks left of normalcy... for a while at least!

The semester is over and today marks two weeks until surgery. I'm glad to be able to relax a bit before all of this starts. I'm planning on making a trip to a few craft stores to stock up on some things to consume my time while I'm a homebody; maybe a few books that I've been wanting to read but never find the time, also. For those who have gone through this already: how did you end up spending your time when you were still recouping at home? I'm assuming its going to be a lot of movie watching for the most part.

Thanks to Holly and Ingrid for the food suggestions! I'll definitely be adding those to my list.

No updates for now except:
-Preop: 5-12
-Ortho for hooks: 5-13
-Surgery: 5-16

6 comments:

holski said...

TWO WEEKS. How exciting! Will someone be posting for you when you're in the hospital? I will be watching your blog like a hawk! I am sure everything will go smoothly.

ingrid said...

holy cow, just two more weeks! that's great you have this time to prepare. to answer your question... i watched movies, tv, and played online. i spent so much of my time sleeping, resting, trying to eat, and cleaning my mouth, time passed pretty quickly.

Leah said...

I may show my mom how to work the whole blog thing. If for some reason she doesn't post while I am IN the hospital, I will make sure to update asap!

Heather said...

Can you believe how fast the time went by? I am looking forward to seeing how everything goes for you. Our surgeries are two days apart so we'll be surgery buddies. I am really glad to have someone else going through this at the same time as me. Good luck!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Wow, this last week will really(hopefully ?) fly by! Wonderful timing with school being done- though I'm sure it was planned that way- so that you have opportunity to get your head in the surgery space :) I think shopping sounds like a marvelous way to kill that time, with the slew of doctor's appointments thrown in for good measure, obviously.

Looking forward to following your adventures as the next phase of 'operation jaw' begins :)

Michelle said...

One more week...just think, at this time next week, you'll be on the other side. All of this anxiety and worry will be behind you! Keep us posted!
Sending good thoughts your way!